March 11, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Yummy

Well, here it is Monday and I have not blogged every day like I planned, nor have I come to you bearing a Smart and Good recipe this week. In fact, rather than bake the gluten-free cupcakes I plan to bake every weekend (Because, hello, what do I like better than cupcakes?), I made Dumb and Bad cupcakes.

They were Hot Chocolate Cupcakes, made from a mix I bought on clearance the day after Christmas. I'm not proud.

But let's talk about the good things! I had the most New York-a-rific weekend one can have without actually going anywhere near New York. My BFF foodie weekend is taking shape...which is good, seeing as it's only 4 weeks away.

I am happy to report that we've secured reservations at WD-50 and Prune and, as I've already mentioned, we are planning to experience the dessert tasting menu a Per Se, although we can't make reservations for that, so I will have to trust that the stars will align.

In other good news, I can recommend to you both "Searching for Sugarman" and (if you're in Minneapolis) World Street Kitchen. It's a food truck turned into a restaurant and it's delicious and economical. And has gluten-free options! So there you have it, rather than give you a recipe this week, I'm just telling you to go out and support a local business. I'm so damn altruistic.

It's a lamb belly YumYum Rice Bowl. Gluten free!

No comments:

Post a Comment