March 6, 2013

Preparations

I am preparing for a 4-day weekend of single parenting. Well, no, it's not a 4-day weekend for ME, just for everyone else. My husband is headed to Atlanta and my kids will hang out with grandma while I'm working.

It will all be fine, of course, but knowing that I'm headed for single parenting always sends me into a survivalist state of mind. I feel like I need to stock up on supplies and prepare for all possibilities. I think it's an anxiety left over from when my husband used to have to travel for work nearly every week and the boys were young enough that leaving the house with them alone was actually a daunting task. I basically just want the three of us to cuddle up under a blanket until things return to normal.

Unfortunately, the boys have other plans, so rather than cuddling, I'll be managing logistics and transportation for their busy social lives. Sigh.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment