November 16, 2014

40 by 40 Progress Check

I thought it was a good time to give a progress report on my 40 by 40 list. I'm really excited because I think I'm going to cross several things off the list in the next few months!

Ok, so for the record, I've only crossed off 16 of my 40 so far and I have just over 2.5 years left. BUT, here's what's in the works:

#16 - Eat Thanksgiving dinner in a fancy restaurant. This one is happening this Thanksgiving! In my mind it was going to be a fancy restaurant out of town, but it's actually maybe more exciting to go to a local fancy restaurant because we can still do our family pumpkin pancake brunch and then hit the restaurant for dinner.

#9 - Pastry Bootcamp at the CIA is booked for February!

#13 - See the glaciers in Alaska and #20 Take a cruise...these two birds will be killed with one stone because I'm scoping an Alaskan cruise for our next family vacation. (pricier than I thought, but it sounds amazing)

#37 - See the Grand Canyon...I think I'm going to take a helicopter tour the next time we're in Vegas because I can't get excited about planning a whole trip around it. However, I've never been in a helicopter, so we can add that to the list of cool things I should have put on my 40 by 40 list but didn't, but did them anyway.

So you see, that's 5 more things in the next 4 months, which puts me at 21/40, which is at least more than halfway done, which seems slightly less overwhelming. I could knock out the ones that don't require travel or anything particularly difficult (e.g. Cook a lobster) but I'm sort of saving those I think so some of my list still seems easily achievable. Ah, psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment