November 26, 2014

Movies!

I decided to show the boys Son-in-Law today because I remembered that it's a Thanksgiving movie AND it's one of the elite few films that I will purposely watch more than once. As a rule, I don't love seeing movies I've already seen. Even movies that I might really like, I don't often want to see again.

This has prompted me to make a list of this select group of films so that I can remember what I need to make them watch...as you will see, they are mostly random and obscure (and I'm sure many would argue that they aren't all very good), so I am worried that if I don't force my children to consume them, they will go through life without knowing they exist. That would be a shame.

Here goes...

Movies I'd Watch Repeatedly (excluding Muppets)

Hackers
Sneakers
Wonder Boys
Get Shorty
Long Kiss Goodnight
Heathers
Home for the Holidays
Midnight Madness
13 Going On 30
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Breakfast Club
Pump Up the Volume
Point Break
Son-in-Law

I'm sure that's not all-inclusive, but it's what I can think of right now. It's fairly obvious that many of those probably relate to key periods of my life more than having cinematic value, but that's ok. Also, obviously they are not all appropriate for 11 year olds, so I'll have to file several of them away for a few more years. But tonight...bring on Son-in-Law!

No comments:

Post a Comment