June 2, 2013

Absentee

I missed a month. An entire 31-day month passed without me blogging. I'd like to tell you that I have been up to so many exciting things that I simply could not find the time, but it's more like I've been sucked into a never-ending loop of work, cook, sleep, repeat and whatever brain cells have not been sacrificed to that black hole have been stolen by Candy Crush. (Seriously, I wish I was playing it right now.)
Pretty, pretty ice cream

I did leave the black hole briefly to go to Vegas, which was fun and exciting and delicious. I definitely should have written a whole post about that trip, but now it was nearly a month ago, so I'll just give you the barebones highlights:

  • Best Dessert of the Trip goes to RM Seafood, where we got 16 (!) flavors of ice cream and had to guess all the flavors. (Peanut butter was very yummy, garlic was not.)
  • Best Way to Spend a Monday morning goes to sipping pina coladas by the pool. (Although New York-New York is not really the place to stay if you really love to hang out at the pool.)
  • Best Attraction of the Trip goes to the Neon Boneyard, which is pretty much what it sounds like. Lots of pieces of Vegas history all in one place, plus now I have another reason to go back because they're going to start doing nighttime tours with the signs all lit up! 

Culminating with that trip, I've almost entirely fallen off the healthy eating wagon. I mean, I still love my gluten-free crackers, but I've been slacking on the rest of it. Which is to say that I do not have any Smart and Good recipes, nor will I within the next week, as we've just kicked off BIRTHDAY WEEK over here, which is really more like birthday month because my birthday is the day before the boys' birthday, which is exactly two weeks before my husband's birthday. Geminis are we.

So, I really will have a lot going on over the next few days and weeks, but I will make sure that I also come back to the blog, because I really need to revisit my 40 by 40 list and formally acknowledge all the things I did not do...more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment