June 21, 2015

Blank

It's been 4 days now. I'm feeling something bordering on excitement that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Mondays are virtually meaningless for the time being...that's a perq of unemployment.

I'm clearly still spinning because although I've started manically reading job postings, I vacillate between wanting to do something in the same vein of what I was doing and doing something totally different. Do I want to be a freelance writer? Get my travel agent certification? Be an astronaut?

Did you know there's a job at a certain cake company called "Froster"? You literally frost cakes all day. If it weren't for needing to maintain a certain monthly income, I would have sent my resume in for that too, because hello, I could rock that job and I bet the application process is quite straightforward.

I'm surprised to say that I have not yet had a day where I just laid in bed. A week ago, I would have told you that having an excuse to collapse into a pile of mush and stare at the TV for 24 hours was my dream...now I don't really want to. Granted, I know that day may be on the horizon, and if it arrives, I will succumb...for a day...but at the moment I'm kind of distracted by figuring out wtf I'm going to do.

I'd like to insert a funny story or epiphany that I've had since being laid off, but I'm still suffering from a sort of blankness. Like my gears have to start turning in the opposite direction and they can't quite make that first rotation.

I will say that if I was keeping track of signs from the universe, the fact that I got Game Show Network back mere days before being laid off is comforting. Like the universe is saying, There, there. Match Game will heal you.

I don't know. I'm supposed to be giving myself time. I'm not sure what to do with that. Here's hoping my first full week of liberation offers something in the way of peace or clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment