March 29, 2015

Rebirthing? Relaunching? Remembering my blog.

Funny story: I was re-reading my old blog from 2008 and was crying laughing about 1) all the cute things my boys used to say and do, and 2) how my ability to create pithy prose may have peaked in 2008...when I was suddenly like "I need a new blog!" I actually started trying to think of names for it before realizing, oh yeah, I have a blog...

Sorry, blog.

I've never hit my stride with this blog. It lacks focus. My inner perfectionist (who only comes out in very very specific instances, because normally I'm a mess) wants to delete it all and start over, so I can leave only a focused, thematic telling of my tales. I'm not going to do that...I've at least learned over the years that throwing away things you wrote is a bad idea. I mean, yes, some things are just stupid, but other things just need a little time and space for you to appreciate them again. Plus, if my writing ever gets super focused, you should start to wonder if it's really me writing it.

Ok, so anyway, would you believe me if I said I was recommitting to blogging? Yeah, me either, but I'm going to attempt to prove it to you and me both.

My first challenge will be how to document my children's lives in a way that will not be harmful to them as they get older. Mildly embarrassing is ok...I just won't dive deep into their psyches here. I suppose I should apply the same filter to myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment