March 30, 2015

Happy Monday

It's Monday. It feels like a Monday.

Maybe I started out a bit melancholy, but I've been a bit flattened by the horrible news today...from our local college student tragically falling off a bridge (I'm saying falling because the alternative is even worse) or the description of that Germanwings pilot using an axe to try to get back into the cockpit to save those 150 people. Everyone just plunging straight down.

If there is anything positive about all that, it's the perspective it gives you on your own boring life. I could have written you a whole diatribe about the uncertainty I feel about my current work situation, but what does it really matter? I am standing with my feet on the ground. I'm not sick or hungry. I'm not going to complain about it today.

What I am going to do is acknowledge a few things that made me happy today: My husband arrived safely home from a trip. Happy. I inspired someone to make a 50 by 50 list. Happy. My BFF called me for advice because she said she needed to talk to someone smart. Happy. I have kids who laugh at grammar jokes. Happy (and proud).

Also, I have chocolate ice cream and red wine. Neither of which are going to help me lose those 10 lbs I'm after (which would make me happy), but both of which make me very, very happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment