February 23, 2013

Slow and Steady

Exciting news: I have a callous forming on my pointer finger! I've been practicing my guitar!

It's been six weeks and I can only play two legit chords...is that ridiculous, or about right?

Either way, even with those two chords, I feel like soon I'll be able to play a song. Now when I hear an acoustic song, I say "How many chords do you think this has?" in hopes that maybe one of the songs I already like will happen to be composed of the only two chords that I know. That would be amazing.

I do wish I'd just sat down and learned the guitar back when I was 18 and had pretty much nothing else to do, but I suppose I've still got a good 50 years to play guitar, so better late than never. Maybe I'll even figure out how to write songs. If I ever figure that out, I've already got lyrics, as my teenage poet self left behind enough verses to fill at least a few overwrought love songs.

All of this is to say that I think I'm track to cross #6 off my list by my birthday. I mean, I should be able to learn one song in the next 3 months, right? Right?!

She makes it look so easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment